Sunday, July 29, 2012

Water Park Fun and a New {School} Year Resolution (linky)


Today was a GREAT day people! Every year for my husband’s birthday we take a trip to our local (AMAZING) water park – Water World! 

So today was our trip and we had a blast…they even have a new hydro-magnetic water coaster that was outstanding! Such a fun day – can’t wait to go back. 


When I got home and checked out what my fellow bloggers had been doing, I found this great linky party from Amanda at Teaching Maddeness all about New School Year resolutions.  I wasn't sure what I might blog about tonight, but this struck the right chord with me! Just what I need to start thinking about...




I am so excited to link up and to share my resolutions with you all – please help keep me accountable so I don’t fall off the wagon!

New {School} Year Resolutions

1. Stay Organized: I am NOT an organized person. My brain has a hard time thinking that way…but it sometimes hinders me in my classroom. (Not always, just sometimes.) So, in all my blog stalking this summer I have been looking for ways to start the year off in an organized way and keep it going! I have loved seeing everyone’s Teacher Toolboxes, Teacher Binders and I am really looking forward to starting my Daily 5/CAFE notebook. I have even been working on de-cluttering my classroom to help keep it organized. My house? Now that’s a different story…

2. Use My Time More Wisely: I love, love, love to chat and talk to my fellow teachers, secretaries and even our amazing night custodian. I am easily distracted by many things (especially if I am overwhelmed by a task). My resolution is to use my time (planning, lunch, before and after school) more wisely. I need to stay focused on the tasks at hand! I want to get home at a reasonable hour at night and not have to stay up late working on things I should have gotten done at school. Not to mention the major back problems I’m going to develop if I keep carrying my giant, heavy bag with work in it back and forth! Hence, no chatting during planning – I’m getting to work!
I certainly will be exercising in leg warmers!
3. Keep In Shape: I have been trying to work on eating healthier and exercising more often throughout the summer. I have been using my FitBit (see post here) and it has helped me pay more attention to my eating and exercise habits. I always say that I am going to keep going through the school year, but it never seems to happen! So, I want to make sure I bring healthier lunches and I have even asked some coworkers if they want to have a “walking club.” I’m hoping that if I involve other people, it will keep me more on track!

This is MY watch! ($7 at Charming Charlie!)
4. Be On Time: I live FAR away from my school. This should not be an excuse, so I have made a plan to make sure I am early to school each day – with time to stop for my daily Starbucks. (My plan also includes breakfast at home – see resolution #3.) Basically, if I am leaving the house by 6:45 each day, I will be at work by 7:30 (Starbucks in hand) and have some good working time before kids arrive. This means I will need to be IN BED by 10:30 each night. Therefore, I need to be on time to bed in order to be on time to work!

I’m sure I could think of a few more, but in order to keep things simple, I’ll go for these four! If you are contemplating your New School Year Resolutions, go link up with Amanda and share!

Have a great day everyone! Thanks for visiting!

P.S. “MONDAY MADE IT” AGAIN TOMORROW!!!! HURRAY!

22 comments:

  1. Your resolutions could be mine! I hate going to bed so early, but I have to get my beauty sleep and can't sleep in until 7 or 8! I'm your newest follower!

    Mary
    Teaching Special Kids

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following Mary! I'm such a night owl, but I think I'm going to have to work on changing!

      Nichole

      Delete
  2. Welcome to blogging! I'm your newest follower. I'd love for you to stop by my blog and enter my 50 follower giveaway!

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following Kathy! I'll be sure to stop by!

      Nichole

      Delete
  3. Your first 3 resoulutions could be mine. Just found your blog through the linky party.

    Good luck with your resolutions.

    Sandy

    Ms. Fiorini’s Stadium

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for hopping over Sandy! I noticed a lot of people having similar resolutions...we will have to all support each other!

      Nichole

      Delete
  4. Nichole, thanks for linking up to the party! When I first read your resolution to be on time, I thought "that doesn't pertain to me, I'm always on time." Then I kept reading and the on time to bed should definitely be on my list! I *like* to be on my husband's schedule and stay up until midnight at least, but that really bites me in the morning when my alarm goes off at 5:20! Earlier to bed is definitely a goal of mine...thanks for reminding me! :)

    Amanda
    Teaching Maddeness

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amanda, thanks for hosting such a great party! I wish I could still keep the Night Owl schedule, but I get that early wake up call too! Thanks for stopping by and following!
      Nichole

      Delete
  5. I found you on New (school) Year Resolutions linky! I love to connect with other 4th grade teachers! I am your newest follower and am going to go back and read some of your older post!
 Check me out!
    Layla
    Fancy Free in Fourth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Layla! 4th grade is going to be great this year! I'm a follower for you too! Love your blog!

      Nichole

      Delete
  6. I too am working on time management this year. I chit chat WAY too much after school (I just love my colleagues :) and then realize I've accomplished nothing. Good luck with your resolution!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to find another 4th Grade teacher! Keep fit is hard during the school year. I don't know about you but I get so tired. I found getting up before school and doing my run worked best for me and I didn't feel as tired by the end of the day. If I wait until after school, I come up with all kinds of excuses to not do it. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the advice Dawn! Love those 4th graders!

      Nichole

      Delete
  8. I was in a portable last year and longed for adult conversation. It was often too tempting to have lunch or pop by another teacher's room.

    I found our blog on the New School Year's Resolution Linky and am your newest follower.

    Tammy
    The Resourceful Apple

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank so much for following! I do love to have those after school conversations...I can't imagine if I was in a portable!

      Nichole

      Delete
  9. HAHA! Love that you will be exercising in leg warmers! Awesome! I am your newest follower! Come visit me at http://msshopesclass.blogspot.com!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie! What's exercising without some sweet 80s leg warmers?? HAH! Thanks for following! I'll be by to check out your blog!

      Nichole

      Delete
  10. Oh my heck, did you just post for me!?!! I need to work on each and every area you just mentioned! I am worried about staying organized and keeping my space cleaned. I too need to stop distracting myself and stay focused. I also am trying to excersize more AND time is not always on my side either! Good luck with your resolutions this year.
    Also, I read your Monday Made It post and again and I like the pattern you chose for your READ letters. Don't worry about the bin, it happens to everyone (me more than others I am sure as I'm not very crafty). I'm sure you'll get it figured out soon.
    If you get a chance or desire, stop on over and check out my blog. I must say that I don't blog everyday due to my goal of time management.
    Amy
    Where Seconds Count

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for all your great thoughts Amy! I'm hoping that my next craft attempt goes a little more smoothly...live and learn I guess! I will be over to check out your blog!

      Nichole

      Delete
  11. These are great resolutions... I should have added 'get in shape' to my resolutions. So many teaching things on my mind that it's an easy one to forget about! Anyway, I'm your newest follower! I'd love for you to come check out my blog if you get a chance!

    Kristin
    Teaching In A Nutshell

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting! I would love to hear your ideas and feedback, so leave me a comment below! :-)