Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Back To School Jitters...Linky Party!

We all  have them, don't we? Those crazy dreams that your classroom isn't set up on the first day of school. Or that the children won't follow any directions and the classroom is out of control. The back to school jitters can be pretty crazy! Not to mention the million things to do before the kids arrive and the constant nagging feeling that you are forgetting something....or a lot of somethings!

So, tonight I am linking up with Ms. Jessica at A Turn to Learn for her Back To School Jitters Linky Party!
Back to School Jitters Linky Party

I love the idea behind this linky, because it's a good reminder to keep focused and not let the jitters get in the way...
Plus, I love Legos...
If you are having back to school jitters (and I know you are!) head over to Ms. Jessica's blog and link up! Make sure you read the rules and directions while you are there!

Tomorrow it's meetings and time to work in my classroom...can't believe how quickly that first day is coming up! :-) Kiddos on Monday!

Have a great day everyone! Thanks for reading!

12 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, I am having the dreams, too! It's no wonder you are having them, with 34 students last year. Holy cow! Is having a coach a new position, or is it just a new person? Good luck! We have a new coach this year, too (new person, not position). Pinterest rocks, and now I have to dig through your blog to see what you have made.

    I <3 legos, too!!

    Heather
    peacocksandpenguins.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Heather! Our coach is just a new person, not a new position...I'm sure it will be fine, it's just that new person feeling!

      Thanks for stopping by and checking things out! Your blog is super cute!

      Nichole

      Delete
  2. Wow 34?? I would die!! This year I have 17 and I am so excited. I have never had such a small class. But I've never had a class as large as yours either.
    ஐRikki
    The Hive

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right now I have 22 and I think I will be in heaven! 34 is the most I've ever had...I hope that won't ever happen again!

      Nichole

      Delete
  3. Oh my gosh, 34! That's crazy! So glad you that have less this year! I also love your advice on changing small things, not everything! I really need to remember that one!

    Thanks for linking up!

    -Jessica
    A Turn to Learn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for hosting, Jessica! It's a great way to reflect before we get into things for real this year!

      Nichole

      Delete
  4. Thanks for posting! Wow 34 is a whole army..I woould love to know if you had any advice, I will be having between 30-35 4th graders this year and it's my first year in 4th so any advice is great! Be sure to stop on over to my blog and let me know when you have a chance.

    Charell
    Miss Milton's Memoirs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by again Charell! I will definitely hop over...feel free to email me as well if you need anything! I do love these 4th graders...but anything over 30 is definitely a challenge!

      Nichole

      Delete
  5. Loved reading your list; good luck with your coach! Have a great school year! I'm new to teacher blogging, stop by and say hi! :) http://bloomingin1st.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I will definitely stop by!

      Nichole

      Delete
  6. Oh my 34! I had that many one time years ago! I felt like there was just not enough of me to go around. I am very blessed this year to have a small number of students. Best wishes! I am a new follower.

    Kelly
    Teaching Fourth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly how I felt, Kelly! There were days that I know I didn't interact with a few kids at all...ugh! I'm so glad that we both have small classes this year...it makes it so much more effective.

      Thanks for following!

      Nichole

      Delete

Thanks so much for visiting! I would love to hear your ideas and feedback, so leave me a comment below! :-)