Monday, August 13, 2012

Monday Made It - YAY!

Well, folks, I guess this post will have to be quick because- *GASP* -I have to go to work today. Like, I HAVE to. Not I want to. But I have to.

I am crazy excited to be linking up with Tara at 4th Grade Frolics again this week. Her blog (and Monday Made It) was really my inspiration to start my own blog, so I can't thank her and her amazing blogging talents enough!


My Monday Made Its this week are (hopefully) going to be fun AND functional!

Monday Made It #1: Box Top Holder
Remember this?
My failed Box Top bucket...
Well, I gave it another try with a small coffee can! All the sides are smooth and nothing tapers in, etc, etc, etc. This time....SUCCESS!
Yay for uniformly shaped items!
I used matching scrapbook paper and my BFF Mod Podge to get the paper in place. I just used a black marker to write Box Tops on the piece of paper that went around the middle and then I Mod Podged that in place too! It turned out MUCH BETTER than the one I did last time...I am happy with it! And it will be functional in my classroom. Where I have to go. Soon.

Monday Made It #2: Scrabble Word Work bins
A looooong time ago, I saw this on the lovely Tara's blog.
Click above to take you to her post.
Now, folks, you should know that I love Scrabble. I also love Words With Friends and any game that is word related. (Mainly because I can beat my husband in those games, but that's neither here nor there.) 

So when I thought about having kids use Scrabble as a Word Work activity, I was super excited. I began looking scouring the Earth for Scrabble letter tiles. Not as easy to find as one might think. Apparently, Scrabble tiles are big in the crafting world...because they are wooden and adorable many people use them in many different types of crafts. So I put my mom, the garage sale queen, on it! She found me three full Scrabble games at very reasonable prices! Thanks, Mom!

Here they are:

I sorted the tiles from each game (to make sure there weren't any missing) and then I put the tiles in these cute and colorful pencil boxes from Michael's. I think they were $1. I downloaded the adorable *editable* labels from Elizabeth at Fun in 4B! You can get them here...they're FREE! And super easy to edit! I used the Cheri font from Fontalicious.

Ok, everyone! Now I HAVE to go to work! :-) New school year, here we come! Before you have to go to work, make sure that you head over to 4th Grade Frolics, add your Made Its and check out everyone else's!

Have a great day everyone! Thanks for reading!


10 comments:

  1. Hi Nichole! I just found your blog and am your newest follower! I love Monday Made Its with Tara!

    Allie
    The Gypsy Teacher
    I'm having a MEGA GIVEAWAY!
    allieelliott@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Allie! Aren't Monday Made Its great??

      Nichole

      Delete
  2. Thanks for popping over to my site! I'm following you, now, too! Smart to look at garage sales for Scrabble! I'll have to look for those myself! Love the idea and I'm sure the kids will love it, too (Especially now that Words with Friends is so popular!).

    Hoosier Teacher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Erin! Can't beat garage sales for stuff like that!

      Nichole
      Craft of Teaching

      Delete
  3. I am your latest follower! I am also hosting a giveaway--you could win a laminator!

    www.ateacherwithoutaclass.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! Thanks for following and I will definitely check out your giveaway!

      Nichole

      Delete
  4. I am looking for scrabble tiles too. They are hard to find. I will have to start hitting garage sales. I am your newest follower. I would love for you to stop by and follow me back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so shocked that they were so hard to find! Luckily, my mom is great at garage sales! LOL

      I followed you back! :-)

      Nichole

      Delete
  5. Hi Nichole,
    Thanks for stopping by my blog. I love your funky shoes on your other post:) Too cute! Don't you just LOVE Tara's Monday Made It!

    Your newest follower,
    Wendy
    4th-5thgradehappiness.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following Wendy! I cannot get enough of Monday Made It OR Dr. Seuss shoes! LOL

      Nichole

      Delete

Thanks so much for visiting! I would love to hear your ideas and feedback, so leave me a comment below! :-)