Friday, August 10, 2012

Pics As Promised and Fabulous Finds!

Good morning everyone! Happy, happy Friday! This is my last Friday of summer...back to work next week and kids the week after that. Wow. Time FLEW by this summer...

Anyway...yesterday, I promised pics of my COMPLETED bulletin boards! Yep. My to-do list paid off yesterday...see my original post here. (PS EVERYTHING on that list is DONE.)

I will make a new list for today, but I wanted to show you my bulletin board pictures, and my Teacher Toolbox in its brand new home. So, here we go!

These are pictures of my CAFE/Daily 5 board (minus headings...choosing a cute one is hard!) and my writing board. On the left, is my newly created reading/meeting area. I plan to get one more bookshelf to help keep supplies for whole group time...who knew a 2 shelf bookshelf was such a hard find?

 This is the area behind my reading table. Please excuse the mess...while I'm setting up the biggest table is my catch-all! The board on the right will be math and the one on the left will be for my teacher stuff - schedules, phone numbers, etc.
 Ok, ok. This is the last set. The one on the left is science. I may or may not have found a much cuter border while I was shopping last night? (Will be changing that out today!) The one on the right is social studies.
 I color code most of my bulletin board to match with their notebooks. For example, their math journal is blue so the paper on the bulletin board is blue! Not sure if that's helpful to them in any way, but it helps me to stay a little more organized at the beginning of the year.

And now....(drumroll please!)

My Teacher Toolbox!!
It's right behind my table, so I can access it easily! I put a picture of my kitty on top, as well as my little file holder with different types of cards that I keep handy. I LOVE IT!

Last but not least....I have a truly FABULOUS find for today. Which is great, because it's Fabulous Find Friday with Elizabeth at Fun in 4B!!

This particular Fabulous Find was the last item on my to-do list from yesterday...you know, the package opening one? So I came home yesterday and there was my package. I squealed (literally) with excitement and ripped open the shipping box! This is what I found inside...
Are these the best shoes you have EVER seen??
MY LORAX CONVERSE!!!!
I am wearing them right now.
Anyone would be hard-pressed to get them off my feet.
If I thought I could sleep in shoes, I wouldn't ever take them off.

I have to give some serious props to Ms. O at Ms. O Reads Books for turning me on to these shoes! (She also has great ideas and reviews of books!) I didn't even know that Converse could make something so UN-BE-LIEVE-A-BLE. I love, love, love them! If you also cannot live without a magical pair of Dr. Seuss Converse, click the picture to head to their website!

Now head on over to Fun in 4B and link up with your own Fabulous Finds!

Also, if you are a list maker, you won't want to miss the Linky Party going on at Ms. Shope's Class...I linked up yesterday with my to-do list and you should too! Go check it out!

Ok...that's it for today, because I'm tackling more of my to-dos! Have a great day everyone! Thanks for reading!

PS All day I will be skipping in my NEW SHOES!!

4 comments:

  1. Love the shoes! Those are a fantastically fabulous find. Does that sound "Suessy"? Thanks so much for linking up with me.

    Elizabeth

    Fun in Room 4B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for hosting! That sounded very "Suessy!"

      Nichole

      Delete
  2. Oh my word those shoes are so FUN!
    Jean
    Diving Into 2nd Grade

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting! I would love to hear your ideas and feedback, so leave me a comment below! :-)