Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Raise Your Hand If...

...parent-teacher conferences give you nightmares!

It's crazy, right?? Nine times out of ten, everything turns out great and I feel really good when parents leave. But I always have the fear.When all is said and done, I will be glad I got to meet with every child's family. But until then....YIKES!

...you have an amazing significant other!!!

Last night, I only had a few conferences. (Not like tonight. I was there until at least 8:30...but that's another story.) When I got home, my absolutely fantastic husband had already made dinner - burritos with homemade green chili!



If you can believe it, it gets even better....he also brought me a 3 Musketeers for dessert!

Who can *even* resist a man who cooks AND brings you candy? I think I'll keep him. ;-)

 
I wish I could make this picture wave around like when 4th graders wave their hands. Because I. LOVE. TpT. It makes life so easy!

Looking for a job chart?
Polka Dot Classroom Organization and Decor Pack (Editable)
BAM.


Looking for Work on Writing ideas?
Shared Writing Journal Covers
BAM!
Thank you, 4th Grade Frolics!

It's all there and I love that most everything is much, much, much cheaper than you could find it for at the teacher supply store. I also love that TpT sends me that fantastic email with updates from my favorite sellers!

Two days ago, I read that email and I saw a link to a Contraction Match-Up from Kari Hefley's TpT store {here}. As a class, we just finished reading Punctuation Takes a Vacation by Robin Pulver and none of my kids knew what the apostrophes were for! YIKES!

 I downloaded Kari's awesome match-up and we used it during Word Work!

We started by asking the the question, "What is a contraction?" They worked through the match-up...

...and at the end we created a definition based on what they knew and what they noticed about the matches they made.

By the end of Word Work today, everyone remembered that apostrophes can be substitutes for letters in contractions! YAY!

And it's all thanks to Kari and Teachers Pay Teachers.

...if you are ready for bed!

 Good night, everyone! Thanks for reading!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting! I would love to hear your ideas and feedback, so leave me a comment below! :-)