Sunday, October 21, 2012

Showing My Artistic Side (HAH!) & 100 Followers!

Art is not something I'm good at. For real....4th graders make fun of my artistic abilities ALL the time. (Thank God for clip art, right?)

However, in the spirit of trying something new, my husband and I hit the town last night at a Paint and Sip class! Even though I am still not artistic in the least, we had fun together and even walked away with a painting.

Here's how it works: when you sign up, you choose a painting that looks interesting to you. When you paint, the instructor shows you how to paint that particular piece of art.

We chose van Gogh's "The Starry Night."
The Real Deal
So, basically everyone in the room was attempting to recreate the work of a famous and extremely talented Dutch artist. You can imagine how that went for little 'ol un-artistic me. However, it was more about having fun and less about becoming a post-impressionist painter in one evening.




We started with a blank canvas...included in the price of the evening! 



Then we painted! This is my hubby's arm...if the hairiness didn't already give that away!






We did all the backgrounds first, and then added in the stars, tree, houses, etc.





 AND....voila! Two masterpieces! (HAH!) The top one is mine and the bottom one is my husband's.
















Oh yeah...and you get to drink WINE! Hooray! If you live in Colorado, you should check it out! http://www.whimsypaintandsip.com/







All in all, the evening was a success. Even if no one will buying my art any time soon, it was something new to try! It actually reminded me how important it is to step out of your comfort zone every once in a while!

In other EXTREMELY EXCITING news...I reached 100 followers this weekend! I am so thankful for all the wonderful people out there in blog land who have taken the time to view my blog and put up with my shenanigans! What a great community!

VERY VERY SOON, I will be having a 100 follower giveaway...which many amazing people have volunteered to donate to! Make sure to stay tuned so you can get in on the action...here's a hint - giftcards, amazing items from TpT and more!

What's something new that you've tried lately? Leave me a comment below!

Happy Sunday all!


4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Jennifer! Glad you stopped by!

      Nichole

      Delete
  2. Congrats on 100 followers, and I LOVE the art pieces! I wonder if they have places like that anywhere near me?

    Don't Let The Teacher Stay Up Late

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melissa! If they do have one near you, I highly recommend checking it out...it was such a blast!

      Nichole

      Delete

Thanks so much for visiting! I would love to hear your ideas and feedback, so leave me a comment below! :-)