Sunday, October 14, 2012

Thanksgiving Book Linky and A Tradition

Happy Sunday evening all! I wasn't entirely sure what I wanted to blog about tonight, but while I was blog stalking, I came across a Linky Party that I just couldn't resist!

I think I mentioned in a previous post {here} that my very favorite holiday is Thanksgiving. I love everything about it...friends, family, food and football!

So, I am joining up with Chrissy at First Grade Found Me for her Holiday Picture Book Linky Party - Thanksgiving Edition!
The first book that I thought of for this great linky was this one:
How Many Days to America?: A Thanksgiving Story
This is a story by Eve Bunting (who is great) and it tells the story of a family escaping soldiers in Cuba to come to the United States. It is a perilous journey, but they finally make it and happen to land in America on Thanksgiving Day. The kids are always mesmerized by the story...

Another one of my favorites is:
Thank You, Sarah: The Woman Who Saved Thanksgiving
This is the story of Sarah Hale who didn't want the American people to forget Thanksgiving! So she convinced everyone, including Congress and the President, to make it a national holiday.

Even though I know Halloween hasn't even happened yet, I am looking forward to Thanksgiving! One of my favorite parts of Thanksgiving is a tradition that my husband passed on to me after we got married.

You might think it's gross.

But I'm going to share it with you anyway.

So get ready.

We LOVE black olives stuffed with Easy Cheese. Yes, people, the stuff in the can. This is an amazing culinary experience and I highly encourage anyone who hasn't to try it this Thanksgiving.
  +

What's a Thanksgiving tradition that you love?? Share it with me below. And don't forget to link up with your favorite Thanksgiving picture books!



6 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you linked up to the party. I don't know either of those books. It's fun to have some new ones to look for. My favorite Thanksgiving traditions is going to my mom's for dinner and eating the foods I ate as a kid.
    Chrissy
    First Grade Found Me

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for hosting such a fun party, Chrissy! I saw some great books!

    I'm glad you stopped by!

    Nichole

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there!
    I'm your newest follower :)

    I wanted to stop by and let you know that I love the book "Thank-you, Sarah." In my fifth grade class, we do a small unit of Sarah Hale around Thanksgiving and I read that book to my students.

    ~Jessica
    Joy in the Journey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jessica! Thanks for following!

      Isn't that a great book?? How cool that you do a unit!

      Nichole

      Delete
  4. Hey! I just found your blog and I am your newest follower :)!
    Sent From My iPad

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting! I would love to hear your ideas and feedback, so leave me a comment below! :-)