Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Fun on a Tuesday Night!

This post is half personal fun and half school fun!

Some of you may already know that I am a HUGE Broncos fan. I love football. I do.
That's me Tebowing on the right...that's my dad with the sweet Broncos shorts.

However, I am also a GIGANTIC Colorado Avalanche fan. I love hockey. Almost as much as football.

So some of you may also know that football is the only sport making me happy right now. Because the NHL is having some.....problems. No one can get along. Apparently, that means we can't even play together.

So. No hockey right now. :-(

However, to try and make up for NO HOCKEY, the Avalanche organization invited us to an open skate night. ON THE ICE. At the PEPSI CENTER.

How could we say no?



We had such a fun time! They even had pizza and pop for us! It was a great way to end the day. It also reminded me that there's never a bad time to try something new. {I only fell one and a half times.}

Now for some school fun!

You might remember that my class decided on and created their own Africa projects to show me what they learned. You can see that post {here}.

Today, we shared our projects! I had them get into groups: one that studied rainforests, one that studied savannas and one that studied deserts.


They shared their projects while the others took notes!
A couple of the posters turned out really great!
They did an excellent job presenting and it was great to see everyone learning from each other. They even asked great questions!

All in all a good day!


14 comments:

  1. You are so much fun! We would definitely be friends in person. I love your dad's shorts. Seriously the best! And the Africa projects were fantastic. Fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks Tina! Those shorts are a little infamous around here! LOL

      Nichole :-)

      Delete
  2. Hey! I wanted to let you know that I just love your blog and have nominated you for a Liebster Award! Check it out HERE!

    Bri
    The Price of Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found your blog on your nomination for the Liebster Award -- congrats :)

    I am happy to say I am your newest follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Glad to have you as a follower!

      Nichole

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. My goodness! Thanks so much! I feel the love!

      Nichole

      Delete
  5. I guess I should have read your comments BEFORE I too nominated you for the Liebster Award. I guess it will keep you busy for awhile! Come and read all about it at:
    http://teachingisagift.blogspot.ca/2012/11/the-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just nominated you for the liebster blog award! Head over to my blog to check out the details!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting! I would love to hear your ideas and feedback, so leave me a comment below! :-)