Saturday, November 3, 2012

It's the Weekend! Let's Party! {linky style}

Really quickly, I want to say hello to all my newest followers! Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog and join up... :-)

OK...now on to the partying portion of this post!

Storie at Stories by Storie is having a linky party. Now, everyone here knows I can't resist a linky party in the first place, but this one really grabbed my attention.

I. Love. Thanksgiving. LOVE LOVE LOVE it. Hmmmmm...family, friends, food and football???

It doesn't get better than that.

So that's why I am so excited to link up with Storie for her Top Ten Things I Am Thankful For....linky party.
I think that Thanksgiving is the perfect time of year to pause and reflect on all the things we can be thankful for. After a rough month of October (come on, we all know October's tough), November gives us a chance to slow down and reflect. Even though sometimes we feel like there aren't many things, we can always find something to give thanks for. So here's my list...
This list could be much longer. After I saved it, I probably thought about 10 more. Now, head over to Stories by Storie and link up with your list. I have loved reading everyone's... :-)

****Pssst....I'm telling you a secret...you can win a $10 TPT gift certificate if you link up...****

Last, but not least, I saw this adorable idea from Allie at The Gypsy Teacher. It sounds like a great way to highlight things to be thankful for in your classroom.
Click the picture to take you to her blog post.
I think I am going to try something similar...I don't have room for the tree part, but we can always make room for being thankful. :-) Maybe my kids might just write something in their journal. Or a poem? I guess I'm just brainstorming...I'll let you know which idea I decide on. Or you could leave me an idea in the comments? Yes, please!

Right now, I'm thankful it's Saturday! Have a great weekend everybody!

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for taking the time to link up, Nichole :)
    Storie
    Stories by Storie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Storie! It was a great way to take a breath and reflect a little!

      Nichole

      Delete
  2. Hmmm. Space. It messes up just about as much fun as budgets in school, doesn't it? Can you hang things from the ceiling? Though I think writing in notebooks would be just as cool.
    I complain about our lack of walls pretty much every day. This month I will work on looking for things to be thankful for about our library space. We do have one big bulletin board that I put a big turkey body on. Then kids will write about something they are thankful for on a paper feather to put on our turkey. Which reminds me. Need to get cutting out feathers! *off to the Silhouette Online Store to see if I can get my Cameo to cut the feathers out for me*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can hang things from the ceiling...so maybe they could make a chain for the two weeks before break that hangs up?? I also like the idea of making feathers. That will be so cute!

      Good luck with the cutting!

      Delete
  3. I love the Thankful linky! So glad I stumbled across your blog! I added mine to Storie's page.

    ~Bex

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting! I would love to hear your ideas and feedback, so leave me a comment below! :-)