Thursday, December 27, 2012

Knock, knock!!! Is anyone hoooome???

Hello my bloggy friends! I am ashamed of myself for the days and days and days and days that have passed since I last blogged. The weeks between Thanksgiving and Christmas just got the best of me, and I'm sure many of you know the feeling. I'm thinking my New Year's resolution better be to get off my booty and blog!

I have so much to catch up on! Stick with me and be rewarded with awesome new blogs to check out!

First and foremost, I have to thank SO MANY incredible bloggers who honored me by giving me the Liebster Award. :-)

Brianna at
The Price of Teaching

Caitlyn at
Fourth Grade Lemonade

Mrs. Young at
My Photo

Ms. M. at
Teachingisagift

The lovely ladies at
Teacherific Fun

Thank you all so very much!

Here's the scoop:

The Liebster Blog Award is given to up and coming bloggers by established bloggers (less than 200 followers), in order to recognize them, let them know that they are appreciated, and to spread the word about new blogs. The rules are:

1. You must post 11 random things about yourself.
2. Answer the questions the nominator(s) set for you.
3. Create 11 questions for the people you nominate.
4. Choose 11 blogs you love (with less than 200 followers) and link them in your post.
5.  No tag back, but please leave me a comment on this post with the URL to your Liebster post so I can learn more about you!

Here goes!
11 Random Facts About Me

1. I sang the Sesame Street theme song on TV when I was 4.
2. I was a Music Ed major for two years in college.
3. My Starbucks drink is a Grande-Nonfat-One-Pump-Mocha-With-Whip.
4. I have two Golden Retrievers and one surly tabby.
5. I love football and hockey just about equally.
6. My husband and I go to the same coffee shop every Saturday morning - NOT Starbucks.
7. I have seen the John Butler Trio in concert so many times that I've actually lost count.
8. I have the mouth of a sailor in person. (But NOT in the classroom!)
9. I am torn between my inner tom-boy and my outer girly-girl. In public. At home, tom-boy wins every time.
10. If I love a song, I will listen to it over and over and over in the car at a ridiculous volume. I may also sing along at a ridiculous volume.
11. My husband and I LOVE to travel and see new places - especially ones that you wouldn't expect.

Questions Asked
I'm not going to lie. I picked and chose here....a few from each nominator!

A few from Brianna:
7. When you were younger, what did you want to be when you grew up?
I wanted to work at McDonald’s and have a Pontiac Firebird!
8. Do you have pets?
I sure do. Two spoiled Golden Retrievers and the aforementioned surly cat.
9. When was the last time you laughed so hard you cried?
At my parent’s house while decorating their Christmas tree.
10. What is your favorite children's book?
Right now? I Want My Hat Back – I just read it to my class and we all laughed hysterically.
11. If you could compete in any Olympic sport, what would it be?
Is there an Olympic sport for couch-potatoing?

A few from Caitlyn:
2. If you could travel anywhere, where would would you go?
I have Iceland in my sights right now.
3. What is your favorite thing about being a teacher?
The silly things kids do every day.
10. If you could time travel to one year for the whole year, what year would you go to?
Ooh. I think maybe during the time the west was being settled…I LOVE Laura Ingalls Wilder.
11. Why did you start blogging?
Linky parties? LOL I love sharing ideas and getting ideas…it’s fun!

A few from Mrs. Young:
3. Favorite holiday tradition?
I’m pretty sure if I name it here, my family will have me excommunicated. Let’s just say it involves singing and LOTS of laughing.
7. Has it snowed yet where you live?
Finally!
8. Favorite quote? Inspirational, from song, or movie.
I really like this one from Dr. Seuss – “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It’s not.”
9. Can't live without teacher item?
My new pencil sharpener!

A few from Ms. M:
2. What are you currently reading for enjoyment?
Little Women
3. When did you decide to become a teacher, and why did you choose this field?
After two years of college, I realized being a music teacher wasn’t what I wanted to do. Something about Elementary Education called my name, and here I am!
8. What do you think is the funniest word in our vocabulary?
ginormous
9. What is the greatest success you have had in teaching?
Being the kind of teacher that reaches “difficult” students

A few from Teacherific:

1. What's your biggest fear?
Heights – but not like in an airplane or building. Only the kind where I might actually fall and die.
2.Who do you admire the most?
My mom.
3. Which do you prefer giving or receiving?
Giving!
6. What do you plan to do if you win the lottery?
Whatever I want, of course! LOL

Whew! Ok. Now for my 11 questions for my nominees!
1. What are your hobbies?
2. How did you decide on names for your pets (or children)?
3. When did you start teaching?
4. What's your favorite grade to teach?
5. What's the funniest joke you know?
6. Coke or Pepsi? HAH
7. If you could live anywhere, where would you live?
8. What's your favorite thing about winter?
9. What is your favorite holiday?
10. What is the cutest/funniest thing a student has ever said to you?
11. How do you spend your days on break?

Annnnd, the nominees are....     
1. Ms. O Reads Books
2. Bayside Teacher
3. Polka Dots and Teaching Tots
4. Teaching In The Valley

Ahem. I am EXTREMELY late to the Liebster Award party here folks. I have looked all over this lovely Internet and I am having mucho trouble finding bloggers with less than 200 followers who haven't received it yet.

So. I am breaking the rules {again} and stopping with these four fabulous blogs. Visit them and ENJOY!

I am also apologizing for the heinous formatting of this post. Blogger is NOT my friend tonight.

Stay tuned for more posts. Hurray for Winter Break! 


6 comments:

  1. Thank you for stopping by and helping work on reaching one of my 2013 goals! I really appreciate it.

    I agree that a great new pencil sharpener is the best!

    Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for coming over Jess! Have you gotten your Classroom Friendly pencil sharpener yet? It's AH.MAZ.ING.

      Nichole

      Delete
  2. Hello my friend! Congrats on your award. And don't stress about finding other bloggers. You used to just pass it on to three. I don't know when this 11 business started!!!

    Megan

    I Teach. What's Your Super Power?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Megan! Thanks... ;-) I think I found 4 deserving folks! I would have passed it on to you but a) you already have it and b) you have WAY too many followers! LOL Hope you had a lovely Christmas!

      Nichole

      Delete

Thanks so much for visiting! I would love to hear your ideas and feedback, so leave me a comment below! :-)